Pony beads were originally made of glass, wood or bone and used to trade with Native Americans. The name apparently comes either from the fact that...View full details
Free Instructions: Ladder Bracelet
Get bead weaving with pony beads! A fun, tactile bracelet... we designed a stripy design, but you could do anything you like! Which colours will you go for? A great project for little beaders, it may require a little teamwork with an adult.
Materials Needed: 1.5 cotton covered elastic (we used EL13), 66 pony beads in total - to make an approx 7.5” bracelet. We choose to use 33 mixed colour beads ( PLCN), and 33 opaque grey beads (PLCG19).
Legend:A= Mixed colours of Pony beads, B= grey pony beads
Tools Needed: a sharp pair of scissors (SCIMX).
- Thread 3A, 3B onto your elastic, leaving a 10cm tail (photo 1)
- Circle your elastic around, and pass up through the 3As you added in step 1. Make sure to keep a good tension in your bead work, but do not pull too tight, otherwise your beadwork will bunch up (photo 2)
- Pass your elastic back down through the 3B you added in step 1 (photo 3)
- Pick up 3A, circle around and down the 3B you added in step 1 (photo 4)
- Pass your elastic back up though the 3A you added in step 4 (photo 5)
- Pick up 3B, circle around, and back up through the 3A you added in step 4 (photo 6)
- Pass your elastic back down the 3Bs you added in step 6 (photo 7)
- Repeat steps 4 -7 until your bracelet is the length you would like it. Make sure you finish on step 7, so the elastic is in the correct position to tie off and finish (photo 8)
- Circle your bracelet around, so both ends are together, pass your elastic up through the 3As you threaded in step1 (photo 9)
- Pass your elastic down through the last 3Bs added (photo 10)
- Flip your beadwork over, keeping a nice tension, tie two overhand knots (photo 11)
- Thread your elastic tail down and pony beads next to the knot. Pass your other elastic down the three pony beads on the other side of the knots (photo 12)
You're finished !
See Below For Related Products
Elastic within a cotton cover in a range of bright colours, alongside classic black and white. Perfect for quick and simple bracelets, a favourite ...View full details